Nick and I get home late from closing up the gym 3 night a week so I am always looking for quick recipes that I can toss together without much prep. Mexican is usually an easy “go to” for this, ground turkey is a life saver in my book! Last week we whipped up these awesome Tacos in 10 minutes flat!
- 1 package ground turkey
- 1 medium onion
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 head of Boston bib lettuce
- 1/2 bag of mixed greens (or spinach)
- jar of fresh salsa
- package of organic guacamole (check your ingredients to make sure there’s no added sugar!)
- seasonings: paprika, chili powder, salt & pepper to taste
- coconut oil
- Dice up your onion and toss in a pan coated with coconut oil.
- While your onions are cooking, shred your sweet potato, then toss in the pan. Cook for 5 minutes with the onions.
- While you are waiting for your sweet potato and onions to cook, cut the bottom off the head of lettuce and set the table with lettuce leaves, salsa and guacamole.
- Add the package of ground turkey & mixed greens to the pan and season with paprika, chili powder, salt & pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve right out the pan! I enjoyed lining my lettuce leaf with a layer of guacamole, salsa, then the meat. Yum!