During our Whole 30 challenge last month, I found that I appreciated staying in and cooking a great meal that we could enjoy knowing exactly how it was made and what the ingredients were was a much more pleasant experience than going out to eat and worrying what our food was going to be cooked in, etc. I came up with this combination and it was a HUGE hit! The pancakes were my husbands absolute favorite and reminded us of Chinese egg foo young. The drumsticks paired nicely with the homemade BBQ sauce I had made earlier in the week. Both were extremely easy and amazingly yummy!
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or clarified butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 10 free range, organic chicken drumsticks
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper as well as the coconut oil or clarified butter. Dump in the chicken and mix well to ensure all the meat is evenly coated with the seasonings.
- Place the chicken drumsticks on a large baking sheet with space in between each to prevent overlap. Cook for about 1 hour, until the chicken is well cooked, turning the pieces once during the cooking process.
courtesy of PaleoLeap.com
Carrot & Cabbage Pancakes
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 sweet onion finely chopped
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut flour
- Coconut oil, for frying
- In a large bowl combine carrots, cabbage, onions and eggs. Stir salt and coconut flour into carrot mixture.
- In a large skillet heat coconut oil. Scoop large tablespoonfuls of batter onto skillet.
- Fry patties on each side over medium heat until browned and crispy.
- Transfer pancakes to a paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat process until all of the batter is used up.
Modified from TheDailyMeal.com