Sometimes you make meal that is labeled “a keeper!” This was one of them in my house! Super easy to make in a large batch to have plenty of leftovers to put away for lunches during the week or dinner on a night you get home late.
Chicken & Broccoli
- 1 Package Chicken Thighs or Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 Heads Broccoli
- 1 Large White Onion
- 2 TB Minced Garlic
- 2 TB Chopped Basil (fresh would be best)
- 2 TB Ghee or Olive Oil
- 3 Sweet Potatoes (baked for 15 min in advance)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chop your sweet potato into 1/2″ cubes and bake in advance for about 15 min @ 350.
- Dice your onion into small pieces and toss into sautee pan with ghee or olive oil
- Cut chicken into 1″ pieces and add to pan with along with garlic & basil. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes
- Chop your broccoli and add to pan. Cook for about 5 minutes
- Finish by mixing in your sweet potatoes and letting it simmer for a few minutes just enough for the potatoes to get warm.
- Add S&P to taste.
Makes 4-6 servings
Nutrition Information: (1/6th serving) 285 Calories, 14g Fat, 22g Protein, 22g Carbs
Nick and I get home late from closing up the gym 3 night a week so I am always looking for quick recipes that I can toss together without much prep. Mexican is usually an easy “go to” for this, ground turkey is a life saver in my book! Last week we whipped up these awesome Tacos in 10 minutes flat!
- 1 package ground turkey
- 1 medium onion
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 head of Boston bib lettuce
- 1/2 bag of mixed greens (or spinach)
- jar of fresh salsa
- package of organic guacamole (check your ingredients to make sure there’s no added sugar!)
- seasonings: paprika, chili powder, salt & pepper to taste
- coconut oil
- Dice up your onion and toss in a pan coated with coconut oil.
- While your onions are cooking, shred your sweet potato, then toss in the pan. Cook for 5 minutes with the onions.
- While you are waiting for your sweet potato and onions to cook, cut the bottom off the head of lettuce and set the table with lettuce leaves, salsa and guacamole.
- Add the package of ground turkey & mixed greens to the pan and season with paprika, chili powder, salt & pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve right out the pan! I enjoyed lining my lettuce leaf with a layer of guacamole, salsa, then the meat. Yum!