I have been using frozen strawberries, water and a scoop of SFH protein for my shakes lately and it’s delicious, which got me thinking…..I could have this for dessert.
PROTEIN FRO-YO was then created in my kitchen!
- 1c Frozen Strawberries
- 1/2c Water
- 1 scoop SFH Pure Natural Protein
Mix in blender until smooth. (I use the ninja which I LOVE!)
- 174 Calories
- 1g Fat
- 24g Protein
- 7g Sugar
There’s something about being snowed in that makes me want to cook! During our storm last week, I rummaged through my kitchen to see what I could pull together for a healthy sweet treat! I came up with bananas, pumpkin and coconut then perused Pintrest for some inspiration. I adapted my recipe from a pumpkin cookie dough recipe I found.
*My snowed in sweet treat*
1/2 c Almond Butter (Raw Un-salted)
1 15oz Can Organic Pumpkin Puree
2 Ripe Bananas
2 Tbl Coconut Butter
2 Tbl Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1/2 c Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (gluten, dairy & nut free)
Allspice & Cinnamon to taste
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
1. Pre-heat oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, bananas and pumpkin puree.
2. Add cinnamon and allspice to taste.
3. Add two tablespoon of softened coconut butter, 2 tablespoons of unsweetened coconut and 1/2 c chocolate chips.
4. Use a melon baller to measure out dough and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Sprinkle the top of each cookie with crushed coconut flakes.
6. Bake @ 350 for 25 minutes. These cookies are very very soft and will not firm up much. Keep them in a Tupperware container in the fridge to store.