I often get asked the question “What else can I have for lunch besides salads that’s healthy?”…..There are endless options!! Here is a lunch I made on the go this week that is super quick, easy and yummy!
Turkey Roll Ups
- 4 slices Thin N’ Trim Turkey Breast (Best if sliced thick)
- 2 TB Hummus
- 2TB Tabouli
- Spread 1/2 TB of hummus over slice of turkey breast
- Put 1/2 TB tabouli on the center of the turkey
- Roll up and enjoy! Yes…I said it was simple! 🙂
My crock pot is one of my FAVORITE kitchen tools! I love “set it and forget it” recipes and this one is extremely easy and makes the house smell delicious!
- 1 package ground meat (I use 93% lean organic turkey)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- salt & pepper
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s marinara sauce
I made a double batch here
In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients(only use 2 tbl sauce) and roll into 2″ balls. Place in crock pot and top with can of tomato sauce. Set crock pot to high and cook for 6 hours.
I like to serve my meatballs over spaghetti squash. To cook, cut in half and place on a cookie sheet face down. Cook for 20 min at 350 degrees.